The (highly ironic) Death of Goku

It had been a hard day of training – the most rewarding kind. Gohan had quit about an hour ago, and Goten half an hour before that, but still Goku kept practicing. With the gravity up at its max, he had managed to beat himself into a bloody pulp, every muscle screaming out in pain if he so much as wiggled his pinky toe. Definitely a good workout.

Ignoring the pain racing through every fiber of his being, Goku dragged himself to the chair where he kept the senzu beans handy. After resting for a full ten minutes, he steeled himself and reached up for the bag, his vision beginning to gray out from the pain. In a last-ditch effort, he managed to grab the bag and collapse onto his back, panting with exhaustion. One hand fumbled with the strings as he lay there resting, saving up the strength to actually eat one of the beans.

Finally, the bag was open and a bean was in his hand. Goku popped it in his mouth and immediately swallowed, not having the strength left to even chew. The senzu traveled down his throat on its way to his stomach where the acids would activate its healing properties… and got stuck. Goku started to panic. He couldn’t breath. He couldn’t cough, he couldn’t yell, he couldn’t even move to get help. His life was beginning to flash before his eyes, and all he could do was twitch feebly on the gravity room floor, hoping that maybe somebody would come in and see his plight.

Nobody came. As his vision went black and he lapsed into unconsciousness, Goku’s last thought was to wonder exactly how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Hey, we never said he was bright.