Mirai Trunks will be referred to simply as Trunks; it’ll be easier.

 

When Chikara died at the hands of Cell, Vegeta wasn’t prepared. She went out of his life just as quickly as she came. This reveals his thoughts after the death of the woman he loved.

Vegeta and Trunks began their search for the Earth Dragonballs after Cell’s defeat. Trunks decided to help his grieving father for moral support, and he couldn’t return to his time until Chikara was brought back to life. If he were to return now, he wouldn’t exist in his time because of the drastic change in the past.

 

Vegeta couldn’t sleep. He kept thinking about Chikara. He still couldn’t believe she was dead. Her final moments were still vivid in his mind.

Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, and Chikara all stood around after Cell’s death. The threat was over. Cell was dead.

Suddenly, a ki ball appeared out of nowhere and was heading straight for Trunks. Chikara spotted the ball and raced in front of him. She shoved him out of the way. The ball went through her chest. She fell to the ground. "CHIKARA!" Vegeta yelled, running over to her. He knelt down beside her and looked at her face. She was obviously in pain. A small trickle of blood was flowing out of her mouth. "Vegeta…" she whispered. "Quiet. Save your strength." Vegeta said. Chikara smiled weakly and brought her left hand up to Vegeta’s face. Vegeta covered her hand with his.

Chikara drew in her final breath, her dark blue eyes closed. She was dead. Vegeta couldn’t believe it. He never thought that she would die in battle. She was so strong. He brushed a few light purple strands of hair out of her face, still holding her other hand. A single tear falls from a dark eye and trickles down his cheek.

He placed her hand gently on the ground and lifted his head up, his piercing black eyes glaring at Cell. The monster stood staring at him, an evil smirk on his face. Vegeta rose to his feet, his hands clenched into fists. He began powering up.

His black hair turned gold and his eyes turned green. But he wasn’t finished. He continued powering up. He was angry. Past anger was beginning to surface. He was angry with Frieza for capturing Chikara as a child, he was angry with him for nearly killing her twice on Namek. He was angry at Cell for taking her away from him. And he was angry with himself. He could’ve done something…anything…to prevent this from happening.

"Father?" Trunks asked wearily. Vegeta didn’t respond. "Are you all right?" Trunks asked. "Fine." Vegeta lied. Trunks knew his father was lying, but he didn’t push the subject. He figured Vegeta wanted to be alone, so he lied back down and went to sleep.

Vegeta’s mind wandered to the past. When he and Chikara first met back on Vegeta-sei. His father had chosen her to be his mate when he was old enough. She always had the same look on her face. Determined, strong, fearless.

Vegeta stood on the balcony of his room. He turned his head to look into his bedroom. He thought it was too big. He scoffed and turned his attention to the courtyard below. He saw a girl sitting on one of the stone benches. He had never seen her before.

Chikara could feel someone watching her. She turned around; the balcony above her caught her eye. She could see that someone was knelt down, watching her through the marble columns on the balcony. "Is someone up there?" she called out.

Vegeta held his breath. Damn, he was caught. "Who is she?" he thought. "Are you gonna show yourself or do I have to come up there?" the girl called out. Vegeta silently scoffed. Who did she think she was? He stood up. "Who are you?" he demanded.

"I am Chikara, who are you?" she answered, not moving from her place on the bench. "I am Prince Vegeta, how did you get here?" Vegeta demanded. "Some of your soldiers came to Triateis to retrieve me." Chikara answered. Vegeta blinked. "She must be the one my father chose to be my mate." he thought.

Vegeta felt himself smile at the thought. It didn’t matter whether he was the Prince or not, she would never take orders from anyone, much less him. After she escaped from Frieza months later, he secretly wondered what happened to her. If she was safe..alive. Then, when he and Nappa arrived on Earth to conquer it, he got his answer.

Vegeta and Nappa hovered in mid-air above Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin. After a few minutes, they made their decent. Nappa landed first, then Vegeta. Gohan was scared out of his wits. This was his first real fight. Piccolo and Krillin have been waiting for this fight for a year. They hoped they could hold on until Goku could arrive.

Chikara hid in the shadows. She knew she was ready for this fight. But she wasn’t going to show herself yet, she wanted to see how powerful the two Saiyajins were. She thought the shorter, black haired one looked familiar. She knew she had seen him before, but she couldn’t remember where or when.

"So, we finally meet." Vegeta said. "Pleasure’s mine." Piccolo replied. Nappa could sense another ki nearby. It was pretty strong. Vegeta followed him with his eyes as Nappa walked over to a nearby ridge.

By that time, Yamcha, Tien, and Chou Zou had arrived and were ready for battle. Nappa spotted Chikara. His eyes widened when he saw the tail coiled around her thin waist. He grabbed her by the arm and drug her into the sunlight. Chikara didn’t resist. She was waiting for the right time to reveal her power.

"Who is that Nappa?" Vegeta asked, not really paying attention. "A Saiyajin girl. I didn’t think any females were left alive." Nappa answered. "Bring her here." Vegeta ordered. Nappa did as he was told. Vegeta got a good look at the girl. She looked familiar. He had seen her before. "What is your name woman?" he demanded. "Chikara." she answered.

"I was surprised. I didn’t think she was alive..even though I didn’t remember much about it." Vegeta thought. He smiled again. She revealed her power after Nappa hit her. "Then she kicked his ass." Then she went to Namek to help Krillin and Gohan find the Namek Dragonballs. She was also there to kill Frieza for everything he had done. Vegeta smiled a third time at this memory. They realized their true feelings for each other after she fought Frieza and nearly got killed.

Then Frieza showed up for the final battle. Piccolo did everything he could, but he wasn’t strong enough. Chikara stepped forward to face off against him next.

Chikara rushed at Frieza and began her offensive. But none of her attacks connected. She flew backwards several feet and began charging an attack. "Kame…hame…ha!" But Frieza slapped the ki blast away. Chikara began using her best attacks against Frieza, but nothing worked. She had one left. Her ultimate attack. She began to charge it. She became engulfed in purple energy. "Lucent Strike!" she shouted. She launched herself at Frieza, but he merely kicked her away.

Chikara was stunned. That was her best attack. No one had EVER blocked that attack before. She blasted off, trying to escape from Frieza. But he teleported in front of her. "Chikara! Get out of there!" Vegeta shouted. No matter where she went, Frieza would be there. She couldn’t escape.

"Frieza nearly killed her." Vegeta thought. But Goku showed up and kicked his ass. Vegeta sighed. An important memory made itself known. One of the most important memories in his life. The day he found out Chikara was having his child.

Chikara stood in the kitchen waiting for Vegeta to enter from the gravity room. "He should be in here any minute now." she thought. She had something important to tell him. Vegeta closed the door to the gravity room behind him as he headed for the kitchen. He found Chikara standing with her back against the counter. He could tell by the expression on her face that something was wrong.

"Hey Vegeta." Chikara said. Vegeta looked at her warily. "What is wrong with you woman?" he demanded. "There’s something important I need to tell you." Chikara answered. "Well, what is it?" Vegeta demanded. "I’m pregnant." Chikara answered. "What?" Vegeta asked.

"Nine months later, she gave me a son." Vegeta thought. He was fighting Frieza and Cold when she went into labor. He hurried to the hospital as fast as he could after Frieza and Cold were killed.

Vegeta could hear Chikara screaming from the hospital entrance. He walked back to her room. Chichi was there. "Oh good, you’re here. Everything’s almost ready. She should be having the baby any time now." she said. Vegeta approached Chikara’s bedside. Chichi left the room so they could be alone. "About time." Chikara muttered. "I heard you’re to have the brat any time now." Vegeta said. "Shit." Chikara choked out. "What?" Vegeta asked. "It’s time." Chikara said. She was taken to the delivery room while Vegeta waited in the waiting room.

Hours later, a doctor approached him. Vegeta stood up. "Congratulations. You have a healthy baby boy." the doctor said. Vegeta walked back to Chikara’s room. She was sitting up in bed, holding their newborn son. Vegeta entered the room and sat down on the edge of the bed. "That is the ugliest baby I’ve ever seen." "I think he looks like you." Chikara said. "What is his name?" Vegeta asked. "Trunks." Chikara answered.

Vegeta felt himself smile again, then he yawned. He needed sleep, he and Trunks were starting out early in the morning. He lied down and went to sleep.

Chikara couldn’t sleep. She still couldn’t believe she was on King Kai’s planet. Everyone else was asleep, everyone but her. She missed Vegeta and Trunks. When Cell launched that ki blast, there was only one thing on her mind…protect her son. And she did. But the horrified look on Vegeta’s face was one she would never forget. She sighed. She needed sleep. She stood up and walked back to the spare room in King Kai’s house. She lied down and drifted off to sleep.

Chikara looked around her. Everything was black. She was standing in a vast sea of nothingness. She felt a familiar ki heading straight for her. She took a fighting stance and prepared to fight. Her dark blue eyes widened when she saw who the ki belonged to. "Vegeta?" Vegeta’s dark eyes widened. "Chikara." Chikara ran to him and accidentally tackled him to the ground. "Watch it woman!" he said. "Sorry, I’m just so happy to see you." Chikara said as they got to their feet. "Where are we?" Vegeta asked. "I don’t know. I think we’re dreaming." Chikara answered.

"Dreaming? Hmm…" Vegeta replied thoughtfully. "Is that all you have to say?" Chikara teased. "Are you all right?" Vegeta asked. "Fine…for someone who’s dead." Chikara answered. "I take it you’re on King Kai’s." Vegeta said. "Unfortunately." Chikara answered.

"What do you mean?" Vegeta asked. "He keeps telling bad jokes. And he doesn’t know when to shut-up." Chikara answered, rolling her eyes. Vegeta chuckled shortly. "Is everyone else all right?" Chikara asked. "Yes. They’re all mourning your death, especially your parents. But I told them I’d hurry and wish you back with the Dragonballs." Vegeta answered. "You’re looking for the Dragonballs?" Chikara asked. Vegeta half-smiled. "Of course."

Chikara smiled. "It’s too bad that dreams end when you wake up." "But this dream will become a reality soon enough." Vegeta said.

Vegeta’s eyes opened, a smile forming on his lips. "Sweet dreams, my princess."

 

Chikara’s opened, a smile forming on her lips. "Sweet dreams, my Prince of Saiyajins."