Chapter 1

Gohan woke up with a start, jarring his sleeping wife into wakefulness also.

"Mmm, what's going on?" Gohan looked at Videl.

"It was the dream. I can't quite place it. It seems as if I'm in some sort of hospital, or, or laboratory , or something, but I can't quite make out my surroundings. Suddenly there's a sharp pain, then nothing. I, I can't explain why I'm so scared, but I am."

"Shh, quiet now. You just lay down and I'll get you some tea to calm your nerves." As Videl left, Gohan was suddenly very glad he had married such an understanding woman.


"Get back here you wiener! You can't keep away from me forever!"

"Maybe not, but my the time you catch me it'll be too late!" Goten stuck his tongue out at his life-long friend, and held the succulent morsel up to his lips.

"Don't you dare, you know that's mine! I rightfully stole it from my sister!"

"And I rightfully stole it from you," Goten grinned as he stuffed the cake into his mouth.

"Oh, you're gonna pay for that one!" Trunks couldn't keep himself from laughing as he flew towards Goten.

"Yeah, well I accept cash, check, and all major credit cards," Goten laughed as he blocked the punch. "As long as we're up here, how about a real sparring match?"

"You're on," said Trunks, as he powered up. "We haven't done this in a while!"

The boys looked around to make sure there they were someplace they could fight without destroying any property, and where no one would see them.

Trunks continued to throw punches, as Goten continued to block them. Suddenly, Goten pulled off, and fired a ki attack right at Trunks. Trunks easily batted the little energy ball away. "Ha, is that the best you can...." He never got to finish his sentence, because at that moment he was hit square in the chest with another ki attack.

Goten blew off his finger like it was a smoking gun. "Fastest ki in the west," he grinned, but Trunks wasn't paying any attention to him, his eyes were on the ground where the first ki attack had landed in a clearing.

"Baka! You could have burned down the whole forest batting it away like..." Goten eyes had followed Trunks' gaze as he was talking, and he suddenly fell silent. In the small crater the energy ball had created, the boys could see the glint of metal.

"What is it, Trunks?"

"You think I'd be sitting here staring at it if I knew? Come on, let's go check it out!"

The boys flew down, stopping just a few feet above the glinting metal. Goten was first to go down and have a look. "Hey Trunks, I think there's more of it buried here!" Goten started to dig using his fingers, and shortly Trunks went down to help him.

Hours later they had managed to dig up about half of whatever it was.

"Here, let's try to pull the rest out."

As the boys were tugging, a familiar shadow crossed above them, and came down for a landing, but the two were so busy pulling out the whatever-it-was to notice. As they finally gave one last tug and got it out, they noticed him standing there.

"Oniichan! What are you doing here? I thought you had to go to the university today," Goten looked at his brother.

Gohan looked at Goten, "Uhm, something came up unexpectedly and it turns out I don't." He hated lying to his brother like this, but he was embarrassed that a nightmare could frighten him so much.

"Can you figure out what this is?" Goten said.

Gohan inwardly breathed a sigh of relief at the change of subject and peered at the object which Trunks was already busy examining. It was oval in shape, made mostly of metal, but it had a small glass window in the front. He peered through the glass to try and see what was inside.

"It seems to be some kind of containment pod, but what it contains is a mystery to me," Trunks said.

"Hmm, me too. This glass is too dark to make out anything on the inside."

"Hey, what's this do?" Goten asked as he pushed a button on the side of the pod. There was a slight hissing noise, and the pod began to open. Little by little the top raised, until finally it was completely up. The three peered over the edge.

Inside the pod was a girl, she looked to be about 17, in some sort of stasis. Gohan could tell something was different about her, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Suddenly he saw what it was. "H-how could this be? This girl.. is in Super Saiya-jin form!"



Back to the prologue
On to Chapter 2

Questions? Comments? Just click here to e-mail me.