Prologue and Read This First stuff

OK, this is my attempt at a DBZ fanfic. I know the language I use and the language the Z soldiers would actually use isn't the same, (Like when Trunks said "Get back here you wiener" in chapter 1) but I don't like to swear ^_^.

Feel free to e-mail me to point out any mistakes I made, critique my work, give me information, or just to e-mail someone.

Thanks go out to Akira Toriyama for creating Dragon Ball, and to all the people involved in publishing it.


The prologue begins just after the Cell games, but in Chapter 1 we jump ahead to some point after Goku goes off to train Ubuu. Now, on with the story!


Prologue

It was a beautiful June day, but Gohan hardly noticed it as he flew towards home. It had been only a week since he had tapped into hidden power and defeated Cell, only a week since his father had died for a second time. He knew it was all right, but he just couldn't quite get over it yet.

Gohan sighed. He had been sent out by Chichi to get some things for dinner, they were having guests tonight. As he was flying over a forest, he spotted what appeared to be a small laboratory below him.

"Huh, I don't remember that being there yesterday," he thought to himself. His curiosity had definitely been aroused, but he knew he'd really get an earful if he didn't get home soon. Quickly he promised himself that he'd come right back and check it out after he dropped off the groceries.

Suddenly, he heard a scream and a call for help, and it seemed to be coming from the lab! Knowing he couldn't just leave someone in trouble, he flew down to take a closer look. After landing he started to look around, but he heard banging coming from the inside of the lab and another call for help. He went over to the wall to see if he could get in without accidentally blasting someone.

Very unexpectedly, a mechanical arm shot out from the wall and grabbed his leg. Just as he was about to blast it, two more came out and caught hold of his arms.

"I wonder if whoever's in there actually expects this to hold me," he wondered, but when he tried to rip the arms out, he couldn't! He didn't understand it, he had destroyed Cell, and kicked a lot more guys' butts, but he couldn't pull free of a couple of mechanical arms!

Gohan got more and more distressed as he tried again and again to pull free. He could feel the energy draining. He attempted to go Super Saiya-jin, but the more he tried the weaker he got.

Finally, when he had gotten to the point where he couldn't move, a hidden door opened, and the arms dragged him inside.

Hours later, Gohan woke up. He vaguely remembered something terrifying, but passed it off as a bad dream.

Gohan looked at the setting sun and swore. "I knew I shouldn't have stopped to rest! Man am I going to get a lecture when I get home."



On to Chapter 1!

Click here to send me any comments you may have.